Friday, January 7, 2011

the days will be long, but the months and years will fly by

i was reading through a little book of advice from one of my baby showers and someone wrote "the days will be long, but the months and years will fly by". how true it is! next week makenzie will be 11 months old....11! that's only one month away from the big one! crazy!
although the days are so long sometimes, i try and remind myself often to live in the moment and enjoy the little things because when you blink this little bundle.....


becomes this little munchkin .....



2 comments:

Adrienne said...

You're so sweet, Em, and there's never been a truer statement! Pres. Monson quoted an author a few years ago and it really resonated with me. The last part of the quote is: "I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." It's so easy to get caught up in mundane things, and I have to constantly tell myself that these boys won't be little forever! :)

Katie said...

Man, I love that quote! I know it's true for other situations as well! (; Not just kids. Missionaries fit into that as well!