Tuesday, August 24, 2010

today...

...was a good day. you know when you just have a good day? Not that everything that day was perfect, but you were happy, like genuinely, im so blessed, what do i have to complain about, happy. today was one of those days and i loved it. makenzie was so happy and everytime I looked at her she smiled from ear to ear and was just so excited to be with me. like i said, it's not like she didn't cry or that she didn't spit up down my shirt or she went down for her naps like that (snap), but she was just a happy baby girl and that makes me happy. i was productive, i was lazy, i read, i ate some chocolate chip cookies that we had made the night before (not telling how many), i ran, i met some new people, i talked with an old friend, jake and i both called each other just say hi and i love you. its days like this that make me stop and think...i have lots of days like this...but if i don't stop and take it all in, with a smile and grateful heart, then they will just float on by....life is a good day.

3 comments:

Michelle R. said...

I love your post today. I need to really recognize the good days as you have. I have been quite the grouch-o lately and really for no big reason at all. So thanks for the reminder! And by the way Makenzie is just SOOOOOO cute!!

OnlyAng said...

Not enough people stop to think about these things, Em. I bet you do often... Thanks for reminding me. <3

Steph Ingram said...

:) Happy! You make me feel that way! :) Thanks!