Sunday, June 15, 2008

Count your blessings!

Jake and I had a very humbling experience today. Indiana has had ALOT of rain the past couple of weeks and parts of the state have had major flooding. This weekend volunteers from our church were organized and sent out to different parts of the state to help communities in desperate need. Jake and I had the chance to be a part of the efforts today. The neighborhood we were in was hit hard and the streets were lined with trash piles. It was heart breaking seeing their lives in piles on the side of the road. We were ripping down walls and emptying people's houses. Some houses had water up to 6 feet inside and everything was ruined! Jake and I felt so blessed to have been safe from the floods and to also have the opportunity to serve. It taught me to not take for granted the things I have and to count my many blessings!

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Emily, so glad I came across your blog! That flooding looks pretty bad, glad you guys are safe. I was reading your blog to Greg and he was like, "what in the world does Jake do?????" Apparently its like every guys dream to work for a pro sports team (or two)! I;m interested to know, too. Anyways, we have a blog (gmhunt.blogspot.com) if you are interested. Its great to see you two (well, through the computer at least)!

The Clems said...

Thanks for always commenting on my blog! I feel like no one even reads them! Im glad things are going so well with you and Jake. I wish you all the luck in the world!