Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The City of Brotherly Love

A weekend with NO games???  You better believe we were hittin' the road!  And Philadelphia made for the perfect quick weekend get away!  I had never been and it's only 2 hours away.  


Our hotel was right at Independence Park,  so a walk across the cobblestone street put us right at the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.  And everything we did was a in pretty close proximity so we were able to walk enjoy the beautiful day! 
  Philly was just as I had hoped;  historic, charming, quaint, but big city, and great food!  


love. her.

Makenzie was snoozing in her stroller... but she knows we love her too. 
Jim's Steaks!  If the line is out the door it's gotta be good right?!!! 
My first Philly Cheesesteak!  I never thought I'd say this, but I wanted more cheese wiz! 

We had perfect weather and loved seeing and doing new things and just having an entire weekend with our boy home!  It was our perfect weekend get-away and we of course finished it off with watching National Treasure...although I wish we would have watched it before and then we could have gone on our own little treasure hunt...  :)


No comments: